permaculture - [permaculture] For 2011

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Dan Halsey, 612-720-5001 Halsey1.com" <dhalsey@integra.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] For 2011
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 19:57:35 -0600

For 2011 I have a few default changes.

Since 90% of our trash is recyclable... The trash can in the kitchen
will
be replaced with the recycle bin and the true waste bin will be in the
closet where we kept the recycle bin before.
The compost bin will be combined with the paper and cardboard recycle bin
since the worms can use it in making soil. I am sure the recycle truck's
diesel fuel is not worth my soil loss. Perhaps a lasagna pattern will suit
them. Our two biweekly recycle service carts will be for glass, metal, and
plastic. Since the bulk previously was paper based, it should reduce the
need for standard pick-ups.

I will buy and use concentrated or dry products when ever available. Such as
bar shampoo and dry laundry soap. I will buy dry products or bilk
ingredients avoiding "ready to serve" and water based products.

I will continue to brew my own Kombucha and kefir sharing the skill and
recipes. In 20011 I will try and grow my own ingredients, being tea and
sugar. Perhaps chamomile and honey will do.

  • [permaculture] For 2011, Dan Halsey, 612-720-5001 Halsey1.com, 01/02/2011