permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Viewing SSE & Seeds of Change changes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Viewing SSE & Seeds of Change changes
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:33:32 -0500

On 11/30/2010 11:21 PM, Scott Vlaun wrote:
I've worked with Seeds of Change for the last 17 years as a photographer
and writer. While recent events have been difficult to swallow for many,
including me, there are still a lot of well intentioned people there
that are working hard to support organic seed growers and increase the
stock of high quality organic seed on the market. They also still
support a lot of community gardening projects. We all knew that there
would be compromises when they were taken on by Mars, but millions of
dollars worth of good organic seed has been grown and distributed none
the less.

I had heard that Mars bought SoC outright, shut down the research farm and seed production facility in New Mexico, fired all the employees,
shut down the operation completely, locked the gates and plan to sell the entire farm while keeping some outlet stores operational in the Northern Midwest with plans to market new products created by Mars California operation.

I am glad to hear that SoC is still doing good things. Do you have more information?