permaculture - [permaculture] Svar: Aquaponics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Thomas Paul Jahn" <tpj@life.ku.dk>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Svar: Aquaponics
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:54:04 +0100

Markus Vallin and Anna Linda in Sweden (Småland) are currrently
challanging/developing the sustainable production of carp at various
sizes of production.
They have been on a study tour in East europe, where there is a broad
tradition in carp production.
An article in the Danish permaculture magazine "tidskrift om
permakultur" writes about a very extensive / low input production. The
carp feeds on common duckweed. It sounds like a success story.
Unfortunately, the website is in Danish only.
http://www.oehus.dk/karper/karpe_index.htm

>>> Cory Brennan 12-11-10 18:21 >>>
I have a friend who wants to get into aquaponics in a big way. He wants
to do it very intensively, but as sustainably as possible, a circular
system with few inputs and little or no pollution. Who out there has
such a system, in the US, preferably the SE area (anywhere worldwide is
of interest, tho, if it's a large and really workable system)?
Aquaponics is not an area I've done much with yet.
Cory

Read the public message archives here:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture
Command to put in your browser's Google search box to search these
archives:
site:lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture [search string (omit the
brackets)]
List Usage & Guidelines:
http://ibiblio.org/permaculture/documents/permaculturelistguide.faq
Permaculture http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
Permaculture Mailing List Blog
http://permaculturelist.blogspot.com
List contact: permacultureforum@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Svar: Aquaponics, Thomas Paul Jahn, 11/12/2010