permaculture - [permaculture] blackberries and soil enrichment

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranandDave Nokes <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] blackberries and soil enrichment
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:50:38 -0600

Reading the last digest with interest re: enriching soils.
Around here (Pacific Northwest of Canada), blackberries are considered an
invasive species.
They are very adept at spreading wide and rooting deep.
However, we've noticed that wherever we dig them up, the soil is rich and
there are earthworms.
Anyone have anything on this.
Thanks,
Frances

  • [permaculture] blackberries and soil enrichment, FranandDave Nokes, 11/10/2010