permaculture - [permaculture] Intro- SB Organics Rare Food Nursery and Regen Ag

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: loren luyendyk <loren@sborganics.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Intro- SB Organics Rare Food Nursery and Regen Ag
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:37:58 +0000

Hello-

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this listserve. Please accept my
apologies for not introducing myself earlier.

Now for the intro- I am a Permaculture Designer, PC Teacher in Training, and
Certified Arborist from Santa Barbara, California who has had the great
opportunity to study with Robin Clayfield, Robina McCurdy, Larry Santoyo,
Ianto Evans, Darren Doherty, Elaine Ingham, Kirk Gadzia, Joel Salatin, Robyn
Francis, Warren Brush, and many others. I have owned and operated a small PC
Design and Installation company focusing on bringing PC to the 'burbs for the
last 10 years.

We currently live in community on a 300 acre coastal ranch in Santa Barbara
County on the Gaviota Coast called the Orella Ranch (www.orellaranch.com).
The Tautrim family has managed the land for 6 going on 7 generations now, and
we are initiating a new phase in the history of the ranch stewardship,
including incorporating Keyline Design, Holistic Management, Compost
Technologies. We have been host to several amazing courses, including the
Carbon Economy Series in 2009, the prelude to the Regenerative Ag courses
organized by Darren Doherty and others. Our community is also host to many
skilled designers as we have been educating ourselves for the better part of
5 years now.

One project is our Rare Food Nursery focused on propagating Andean Root Crops
and open pollinated fruit trees, as well as useful timber trees and windbreak
species for incorporation into silvopastural systems. We have many plants
that are perfect for Food Forest installations (for temperate to sub-tropical
climes), including herbaceous perennials suitable for understory crops.
Please visit our website (www.sborganics.com) for more information on plants
that we have available, or email me directly for an availability list.

I have also started a non-profit organization called Surfers Without Borders
to promote PC and sustainable design through surfing and ocean recreation.
Please visit (www.surferswithoutborders.org) for more information on this
project.

Thank You for reading, and also for sharing your individual knowledge on this
listserve. It is indeed an amazing resource.
Loren Luyendyk
(805) 452-8249
www.sborganics.com
www.surferswithoutborders.org