permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Darjeeling Nov 14-28th!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Course in Darjeeling Nov 14-28th!
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:45:55 -0700

Beeja and everyone,

A note of clarification: Taking a PDC does not make you a "certified
permaculture designer." It's an introductory course. I urge people not to say
that, as it's a false claim. My PDC certificate from Mollison says that I was
now a "permaculture design trainee," and that's what the certificate means.
It is the first step toward becoming a designer, which, in the system BIll
set up, meant that after two years of additional, full-time work or its
equivalent in design under a mentor, you could then receive a diploma in
permaculture design, and then maybe call yourself a designer.

The PDC, at 72-100 hours or so of class, is roughly the same amount of class
time as two college courses. If you took chemistry 101 and 102, you would
never call yourself a chemist, right? (Ka-BOOM!) Same goes for the PDC.

BTW, attachments are always scrubbed from this list--there was no attachment.
Good luck with the course, at any rate!

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com