permaculture - [permaculture] plant succession in aquaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk" <wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] plant succession in aquaculture
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:44:02 +0100 (BST)

While I have recently been enjoying Bill Mollison's mp3 lectures on
aquaculture, I did not hear mention the subject of succession.

The only information that I can find on the interent refers to the following.

Stage 1 - Species tolerant of high 'Total Organic Carbon' sediment
Stage 2 - Pioneers/early colonizers - Organic tolerant opportunists
Stage 3 - Intermediate colonizers
Stage 4 - Late colonizers
Stage 5 - Rare species

How does this list translate into actual species?
There seems to be plenty of information out there of forest succession, but I
would be very grateful if anybody could point me to more inforation on
aquaculture succession.

My thanks in advance

Chris