permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: semantic wiki on permaculture?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: semantic wiki on permaculture?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:33:54 -0400

Forum subscribers:

I am forwarding to the list email I received today from Pietro Galgani
expressing interest in the work a number of us have been involved with over the years in creating an interactive online permaculture knowledgebase. His own work can be seen at http://ie.tudelft.nl,
The Industrial Ecology Wiki.

Is anyone in this list still interested in developing a permaculture knowledgebase or database? Options immediately at hand for our use include either http://permaculture.info
The Permaculture Information Web (a MediaWiki) or permaculture plant-animal relationships & guilds database run by The Permaculture Institute
and managed by Rich Morris, webmaster of PFAF,
and/or http://ibiblio.org/permaculture where I have an installation of MediaWiki + Semantic Mediawiki and Wordpress.

I would like to get these projects going, i.e. revived and moving forward. At the same time I think it would behoove us to have a look at all of or a goodly sampling of similar projects currently in development so we can 1) use them to best advantage 2) link them together (somehow this is where the Semantic Web comes into play).
Interesting site we might want to consider participating in include:

Pietro's Industrial Ecology Wiki
http://ie.tudelft.nl
Permaculture Information Web
http://permaculture.info
Appropedia (Chris Watkins)
http://appropedia.org

Others in development:
- Paul Wheaton mentioned creating a wiki; status of this project?
Eventually, my projects at ibiblio using MediaWiki, Semantic MediaWiki, Wordpress; I hope to add BBPress and SMF Forums also.
http://ibiblio.org/permaculture
http://ibiblio.org/marketfarming

Please suggest more high priority sites to add to this list.

...:LL