permaculture - [permaculture] (Sub)urban Permaculture Elements

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: harry byrne wykman <lists@peacetreepermaculture.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] (Sub)urban Permaculture Elements
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:58:17 +0800

Hi Folks,

Apologies for cross posting. I'm just trying to put together a list of
elements which will often be a part of (sub)urban permaculture
systems. I would be really interested if anyone had more ideas. For
the priority elements, I have added other parameters which would need
to be filled out to capture the details of materials / costs etc.

**Priority Elements**
Garden Beds
type (basin, level, raised)
purpose (herbs, annual vegetables, perennial vegetables)
construction (purchase, DIY)
material (none, sleepers, slabs, boards, bricks, recycled
concrete, corrugated iron, tyres) size (m2)
height (mm)

Trees and other Perennials
purpose (fruit, nuts, fertility, shade, screen, stakes)
style (espalier, in-lawn, ecosystem, orchard, grove, arbor,
avenue) number
type

Worm Farm
construction (purchase, DIY)
material (fridge, bin, bath, can-o-worms, worm cafe)

Animal Shelter / Infrastructure
animal (chicken, rabbit, pidgeon, quail, snail, duck)
system (range, mobile house, static house)
material (timber, wire, plastic)
number

Compost System
type (bin, bay, cage, tumbler)
construction (purchase, DIY)
materials (timber, corrugated iron, wire)

Nursery
type
materials (timber, masonry, wire)

**Adjunct Elements**
Seat
Path
Shed
Rubbish Bins
Washing Line
Materials Storage

**Other Elements**
Pond
Greywater System
Water Tank
Children's Play Area
Greenhouse
Shadehouse
Pergola
Bamboo Grove

--
Peacetree Permaculture and Edible Landscapes
web: www.peacetreepermaculture.com.au

  • [permaculture] (Sub)urban Permaculture Elements, harry byrne wykman, 09/14/2010