permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 91, Issue 31

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Nicholas Roberts, Permaculture.coop" <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 91, Issue 31
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:57:44 -0700

>   9. Re: Movement thinking (was Designing a Movement) (Andrew McSwain)

if permaculture is a design science, could someone, anyone, please
send me links to the peer-reviewed scientific literature based on
permaculture design science experiments ?

I don't know of a single "scientific" permaculture science experiment,
maybe there is one, but its certainly not the norm

in my view permaculture is a cratft movement, which draws on more
established sciences etc

at best, if permaculture is a design science, its still in the stuck
in the pre-Enlightenment, with alchemists

Four essential elements[26][27][28] of a scientific method[29] are
iterations,[30][31] recursions,[32] interleavings, and orderings of
the following:
Characterizations (observations,[33] definitions, and measurements of
the subject of inquiry)
Hypotheses[34][35] (theoretical, hypothetical explanations of
observations and measurements of the subject)[36]
Predictions (reasoning including logical deduction[37] from the
hypothesis or theory)
Experiments[38] (tests of all of the above)

Each element of a scientific method is subject to peer review for
possible mistakes. These activities do not describe all that
scientists do (see below) but apply mostly to experimental sciences
(e.g., physics, chemistry). The elements above are often taught in the
educational system.[39]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method#Elements_of_scientific_method

  • Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 91, Issue 31, Nicholas Roberts, Permaculture.coop, 08/18/2010