permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Design / Ethics / Movement / etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham Unangst-Rufenacht <graham.rufenacht@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Design / Ethics / Movement / etc.
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 18:38:10 -0400

These conversations have been extremely engaging and proactive. Thank you
all. My thoughts are not determined on these topics, but I think one
missing element perhaps in permaculture as a design concept is community
self-defence and inter-dependent defences as an aspect of resiliency and
regenerative capacity. Beginning to become aquainted with these dances and
realities may add some different shape to these discussions.

Lastly, I agree that some responses were violent and counterproductive. It
is not a matter of being "sensitive" necessarily, at least not as that word
is often understood; rather it is a matter of being receptive and
responsive. I have little interest in political correctness myself, but I
do have an interest in facilitating dialogue as opposed to using
scathing, cynical responses to shield real oneself from true sincere
engagement while exerting a power dynamic that posits one person as
reasonable and another as not.

~Graham