permaculture - [permaculture] Urgent: Please Protect New York's Drinking Water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ella <ellarozin@gmail.com>
  • To: "\"Permaculture\"" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urgent: Please Protect New York's Drinking Water
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:53:08 -0500

Dear friend, If you, or anyone you care about, lives in New York, please
please give this message just one minute of your attention. Through the power
of caring, we can ensure that New York has clean and SAFE drinking water for
generations to come. But if we choose fear and ignorance of our power, then
clean drinking water is a luxury we will not have here anymore! Hydraulic
Fracturing (or Fracking) for natural gas has create unsafe tap water in every
single area of the country it has been implemented and contracts to drill are
awaiting processing for New York State. Support for an 11 month moratorium on
drilling (so the EPA can conclude its scientific research before further
consideration) has become overwhelming across the state. But only with your
help can this be enacted. For the first time in many years, I called (my
state representatives) and state senate majority leader John Sampson -- he
decides whether to bring this bill to a vote. John Sampson's number is
518-455-2788. Please help bring this bill to a vote - protect New York and
set a precedent for healthy tap water across the country! Please allow
yourself to care. The power is in your hands. Call John Sampson's office now,
please. I am writing to you because I care. Get more info here:
www.frackaction.com. With all my love, Ella