permaculture - Re: [permaculture] International Permaculture Conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] International Permaculture Conference
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:21:14 -0600

For those of you interested in the Jordanian Conference taking place in 2011
I thought that you should have the following links and emails so you can
follow progress and make suggestions as the conference develops.

--snip--

This is just a notification that the email address for the Public listserv
for the next International Permaculture Conference and Convergence (IPC),
has now changed.

Instead of ipc9public@ipcon.org, it is now ipc-public@ipcon.org

Please use this new address from now on: ipc-public@ipcon.org

You can change your subscription/password options here:

http://ipcon.org/mailman/options/ipc-public

This change removed the consecutive numbering, so, should subsequent
convenors choose to do so, the address can remain in place for subsequent
IPCs and not have to change every time.

An additional note:

At the close of IPC9, it was voted that Jordan should be the host country
for IPC10. IPC10 will be held in Jordan in September 2011. As such, hosting
for www.ipcon.org has now been transferred to a new server, managed by the
convenor of the next IPC - Nadia Lawton and many Jordanian and non-Jordanian
helping hands. This website will undergo changes over the coming
weeks/months as we prepare for IPC10.

Those interested can get a short intro to developments, and also see
photographs of the campsite for the convergence, in the following blog post:

http://permaculture.org.au/2010/06/13/letters-from-jordan-jordan-welcomes-th
e-2011-international-permaculture-conference-convergence/

We look forward to your presence and participation in IPC10 in Jordan,
September 2011.

Kind regards

Craig Mackintosh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Editor/Photojournalist/IT Manager

Permaculture Research Institute

craig@permaculture.org.au

www.permaculture.org.au

www.permacultureusa.org

In addition to the above email addresses and websites there is a IPC support
group which can be joined at http://ipcon.org/mailman/options/ipc-support .

There has been some controversy around how the current IPC site was selected
and part of that comes out of how few in the permaculture community
participate in the IPC process. This is your opportunity to be involved in
the international workings of permaculture. If you are interested in the
discussion there are archives of the past proceedings of ipc-support.

I encourage all of you to become involved in these proceedings.

Thank you,

Scott Pittman

Director

Permaculture Institute

www.permaculture.org

  • Re: [permaculture] International Permaculture Conference, Scott Pittman, 07/12/2010