permaculture - [permaculture] GIS/Watershed Analysis for Permaculture Practicum with Darren Doherty 10-11 August 2010, Bendigo, VIC, AU

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Darren Doherty <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: Permaculture List <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] GIS/Watershed Analysis for Permaculture Practicum with Darren Doherty 10-11 August 2010, Bendigo, VIC, AU
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:27:16 +1000

G'day,

Following on from a similar, though longer workshop held in El Arenal in
Jalisco, Mexico in late 2009, we are holding a 'GIS/Watershed Analysis for
Permaculture Practicum' from the 10-11th of August 2011 here in Bendigo,
Victoria, Australia. Again this is subject to requests over the year and
particularly more recently. The short notice is due to our 'chock a block'
schedule especially with the RegenAG workshop series starting in August and
taking great bookings plus a number of requests to hold such a workshop
before too long so here it is....

Similar to our recent 'Earthworks Practicum' we will be hosting a minimum
number of participants (8) in our family home. The workshop will focus on
using the various commonly available software including Google Earth and
MapInfo Professional. Mapping techniques using modern and ancient levels
plus GPS technology will also be integrated into this workshop. Our simple
intention is to skill people to be able to use these techniques to develop
their digital cartographic skills for the purposes of creating Permaculture
designs as we have been doing since 1996.

This workshop is not intended for those who find reading maps difficult or
who have difficulty with operating computers.

Details are below: