permaculture - [permaculture] Info on castor bean press and production?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Info on castor bean press and production?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

I'm seeking info on castor bean pressing and production for a project in
Haiti. I haven't dealt with castor beans much. We are looking for the most
sustainable, non toxic way of harvesting and pressing beans to extract
maximum product from them, also ways waste product can be used. I'm familiar
with some of these (like animal feed) but would love feedback from those who
have dealt with this crop.

What are the best presses to use?

We are interested in polycropping and using some of Marsha Hanzi's work.

Best, Cory