permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fruiting of dwarf Meyer lemon and fertilizer for it (what type?).

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fruiting of dwarf Meyer lemon and fertilizer for it (what type?).
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 02:27:03 -0400

Les Mulder wrote:

We have one of these too. Like all citrus, they are gross feeders. We feed ours regularly (at least every month or so) some or all of the following:
Seaweed solution
Charlie Carp (made from mashed up European carp dredged out of our rivers)
Urine
Worm tea
Worm castings
Compost

Thanks for yours and the other replies. I will try granulated seaweed, urine and compost. I also have many rotted hay roundbales. I will
take a lot of this and soak it in water, mix in seaweed to make a nutrient rich tea to apply. Will also add rock phosphate, greensand and azomite. It has borne fruit before, years ago but has been somewhat neglected since. I hope to get a crop of these fine lemons before too long. Meyer lemons, organic, are the best. Now I need a dwarf lime tree to go with it. Later add a calmondin.