permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fruiting of dwarf Meyer lemon and fertilizer for it (what type?).

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fruiting of dwarf Meyer lemon and fertilizer for it (what type?).
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 00:59:19 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

I have a nice dwarf Meyer lemon in a large pot that set lots of blooms this year. I think it need fertilizer of some sort. What type should I use?
I have granular seaweed and compost I can apply, also rock phosphate,
azomite and greensand. Would these be adequate? Does it need pH lowering as a general measure, annually? It is potted in compost, potting soil,
garden dirt and quarry rock dust but has not been fertilized in several years.

If it set flowers does it mean that it will set fruit?

Here are two pictures of it:

with flower buds
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/venaurafarm/plants/meyer-lemon/ml-flowerbuds.JPG

in flower