permaculture - Re: [permaculture] goat worming plants?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] goat worming plants?
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Scott.  It's now on my wish list.  And thanks Douglas for the
thoughts on black walnuts; duly noted.  It's also very rewarding to read
Lawrence's reposted thread on the subject to discover that I've just planted
the exact things I need to follow those recommendations.  Just put a Kashmir
blend pomegranate in the ground last night, squash/pumpkins are forthcoming,
11 varieties of garlic will be shipped to me mid-summer from my previous
garden in Washington state, and a papaya is on the short list (probably more
as a vegetable than a fruit in my zone 8 climate).

I also planted a black bamboo, pineapple guava, and Russian tea last night!
Very exciting.  A lot of firsts for my new southern garden.

As for Mr. Sneed's question, I can't imagine that comfrey would have any
deleterious effects on goats, (probably the opposite), although I don't have
direct experience with that combination.  I just did my first comfrey cutting
of the season for olive mulch a few days ago...man that stuff is robust!

Tripp

-Chinese proverb