permaculture - [permaculture] Venaura Farm Permaculture: Scans of old book covers, text and images in the public domain, of interest to farmers and gardeners.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Venaura Farm Permaculture: Scans of old book covers, text and images in the public domain, of interest to farmers and gardeners.
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 00:41:40 -0400

The Book

Intensive Culture of Vegetables On the French System by P. Aquatias
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/2010/05/scans-of-old-book-covers-text-and.html

This book is a classic by P. Aquatias, written in 1913. I have an original edition; this is a paperback copy published by Solar Survival Press.

"Intensive Culture of Vegetables On the French System
With a Concise Monthly Calendar of Operations"
by P. Aquatias
(Formerly French Gardener to A.J. Molyneux, Esq.)
London, 1913

This book, along with those by Fukuoka, Hazelip, Bonfils, Coleman and Jeavons, Pfeiffer and Steiner are essential reading for those interested in pursuing the art and craft of biointensive farming and gardening.

...:LL

Soon I'll post a link to photos of my current most-used gardening hand tools. There are a numbers of new additions, mostly a seeding rake and eye hoes (grape hoe and root or heavy grub hoe), from EarthToolsBCS.

...:LL

  • [permaculture] Venaura Farm Permaculture: Scans of old book covers, text and images in the public domain, of interest to farmers and gardeners., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/08/2010