permaculture - [permaculture] Fw: GMO updates - May, 2010

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fw: GMO updates - May, 2010
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:48:42 -0700

Re: GMO updates - May, 2010
I hope you find this summation with urls helpful.
frances

GMO alert: U.S. attempting global censorship of GMO food labeling

The USA is attempting to enforce the global censorship of "non-GMO" food
labels in a CODEX meeting taking place right now.
You heard me right: The U.S. is actually pushing an agenda that would outlaw
all non-GMO labels and claims across the entire world, thereby enforcing
worldwide consumer ignorance about GMOs.
Read the startling facts about this disturbing development (and sign the
online petition) in today's feature story:
http://www.naturalnews.com/028716_GMOs_food_labels.html
<http://www.naturalnews.com/028716_GMOs_food_labels.html>

Bayer admits GMO contamination out of control
By David Gutierrez, staff writer
Natural News

Drug and chemical giant Bayer AG has admitted that there is no way to stop
the uncontrolled spread of its genetically modified crops.

"Even the best practices can't guarantee perfection," said Mark Ferguson,
the company's defence lawyer in a recent trial.

Two Missouri farmers sued Bayer for contaminating their crop with modified
genes from an experimental strain of rice engineered to be resistant to the
company's Liberty-brand herbicide.

The contamination occurred in 2006, during an open field test of the new
rice, which was not approved for human consumption. According to the
plaintiffs' lawyer, Don Downing, genetic material from the unapproved rice
contaminated more than 30 percent of all rice cropland in the United States.
Read more..... http://farmwars.info/?p=2769 <http://farmwars.info/?p=2769>
YouTube censors video interview with Jeffrey Smith about GMOs

Within hours after our video interview with Jeffrey Smith about GMOs went
live, YouTube censored it, claiming it "violated" their terms of use.
Today's feature article exposes the YouTube agenda to censor the truth about
GMOs and protect powerful corporations like Monsanto:
http://www.naturalnews.com/028718_YouTube_censorship.html
<wlmailhtml:%7b70F28492-3563-4143-A873-ED6791E4C05C%7dmid://00000012/!x-usc:http://www.naturalnews.com/028718_YouTube_censorship.html>

The video interview with Jeffrey Smith will be re-launched on NaturalNews'
own video network where the whole world will soon be able to hear what
Jeffrey Smith had to say about GMOs that YouTube desperately wants to
silence. The network is under development and will be launched this June. To
learn more about the upcoming NaturalNews video network, read this story:
http://www.naturalnews.com/028717_videos.html
<http://www.naturalnews.com/028717_videos.html>