permaculture - [permaculture] Ithaca PDC - missing link

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rafter sass <liberationecology@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ithaca PDC - missing link
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 00:15:57 -0400

That "here is a link" down below was intended to point to:
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org/

Copy and paste it into your browser to find out more about the good folks at FLPCI.

Best,
Rafter

P.S. I've put my complete spring/summer teaching schedule up at www.liberationecology.org -
just in case you're looking for something to do in the northeast OR the midwest!

I'll be teaching with the good folks at Fingerlakes Permaculture Institute this summer, July 23-Aug 8th.
This will be my second year teaching with them, their 8th PDC.

Here is a link.

I think they are quality stuff, or I wouldn't be teaching with them a second time!

Their bios are on the website linked to above.
My bio goes like this:

Rafter Sass has been learning and teaching Permaculture design since 2003. His work as consultant, designer, and researcher, covers themes as diverse as ecological waste and water treatment, integrated mushroom production, whole farm design, and urban agroforestry. His design work appears in Lee Reichʼs book Landscaping With Fruit. He co-founded the non-profit Ecological Learning Institute in 2009, in order to help connect the resources of the eco-design movement with the leadership of grassroots community projects. He is currently studying ecological design at the graduate level in Vermont, and working with Milwaukeeʼs flagship urban farm, Growing Power, to integrate mushroom production with their intensive urban agriculture system. He was recently awarded the prestigious James Baldwin Turner Fellowship to continue his graduate studies as a PhD candidate at University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign.

As for my Pc lineage, I apprenticed with Peter Bane in 2003.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Rafter

rafter sass
Liberation Ecology Project
liberationecology.org
518-567-7407
skype: raughter

  • [permaculture] Ithaca PDC - missing link, rafter sass, 04/09/2010