permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Straw bale instructor needed for pine ridge

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Straw bale instructor needed for pine ridge
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

Your work looks great, Katey.

I will call you, what part of the country? I'm in LA, so dont' want to call
you too late if you're east coast. Or call me, mornings or evenings (I'm tied
up in the afternoons usually)

Remuneration is negotiable - it depends somewhat on how many students from
outside the rez we get. The grant is for $1200 per week if we get that. How
much do you usually charge? We are very interested in wrapping mobile homes
with straw bale as there are so many badly insulated homes on the rez and
people die from weather exposure because of it, so that is something we would
want input on.

We charge outside students to come and build on the rez so that Lakota can
attend the classes for free. We will hand pick some Lakota who will use the
info and teach others, to attend the class.

The main thing is that we have a project on the site we are working with in
Pine Ridge which is to finish off an already framed workshop with straw bale
walls. Or to build a student classroom/housing facility from scratch. Dates
are negotiable but one time frame that would work well would be late July.

Do you feel you would be able to bring anyone from outside the rez to the
class as a paying student from your network? (this helps boost remuneration).

We have a growing international network of people interested in these classes
and should be able to create pretty good attendance, possibly excellent
attendance. Our PDC in August is filling up already.

Best, Cory Brennan
818-731-4706