permaculture - [permaculture] An Easter prayer for "The Harvests of the World" from a page in a WW2 prayer book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] An Easter prayer for "The Harvests of the World" from a page in a WW2 prayer book
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:23:21 -0400

This is certainly appropriate for a permaculture community
involved with a new season of farming, urban and rural,
all over the world.

An Easter prayer from a page in a WW2 prayer book:

The Harvests of the World
--------------------------
"O gracious Father who openest thy hand and fillest all things living with plenteosness; we beseech thee of thine infinite goodness to hear us, who now make our prayers and supplications unto thee. Remember not our sins but thy promises of mercy. Vouchsafe to bless the lands
and multiply the harvests of the world. Let thy breath go forth that it may renew the face of the earth. Show thy loving-kindness, that our lands may give their increase; and so fill us with good things that the poor and needy may give thanks unto thy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

This is on a single page either out of an old prayer book or
in a church circular, probably the latter as it was written with
a congregation in mind, needing to deal with a time of war
and the consequences for people at home supporting those on the front.

Other prayers on this page:
P. 63:
For Those We Love
For the Fallen
For Airmen
The Harvests of the World
P. 64:
For an Increase of Workers
For the Armed Forces
Foe the War-Bereaved
A Blessing From MaccaBees
"God be gracious unto you and give you a heart to serve him with good courage; send you peace; hear your prayers; and never forsake you. Amen"

  • [permaculture] An Easter prayer for "The Harvests of the World" from a page in a WW2 prayer book, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 04/04/2010