permaculture - [permaculture] Global Swadeshi Dialogs - Marcin (of Open Source Ecology) and Vinay discussing the OSE project

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick <forgeadams@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Global Swadeshi Dialogs - Marcin (of Open Source Ecology) and Vinay discussing the OSE project
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 00:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

http://globalswadeshi.ning.com/video/2097821:Video:672

>From les@mulder.com.au Sat Apr 3 07:23:57 2010
From: Les Mulder <les@mulder.com.au>
To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 11:16:47 +0000
Subject: [permaculture] What makes a CSA successful?

Hello all,

I'm new here and am just in the middle of doing my PDC.

As the main design task for the course, we've been asked to design a CSA fa=
rm on a disused park attached to a school out in the 'burbs of Sydney, Oz.

I'd be very interested to hear what people think makes their local CSA succ=
essful (or not...).

Is it having a vast pool of unemployed people in the neighbourhood, all des=
perate for an affordable feed?

Is it having a similarly vast pool of yuppie hippies, all desperate to outd=
o each other saving their bit of the planet?

Is it making the farm comfortable - a cool place to hang out, make pizza an=
d catch up with your local mates?

Or is there some other, subtle, perhaps even undefinable aspect that makes =
it a goer?

If anyone has any opinions along these lines, I'd really like to hear them.

Thanks,

Les

  • [permaculture] Global Swadeshi Dialogs - Marcin (of Open Source Ecology) and Vinay discussing the OSE project, Patrick, 04/03/2010