permaculture - Re: [permaculture] aphids in greenhouse

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: gavinraders@gmail.com
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] aphids in greenhouse
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:25:14 +0000

You have to knock them off with a stream of water harder than a mist, but not
too hard as to harm the plant. Spraying them off kills them, and gives your
plants the time they need to get big and strong and develop their own defense
mechanisms. But you'll have to do spray them off pretty regularly. Just check
them and spray them off twice a week, making sure to check the new growth at
the center of the plant as these young leaves are aphids biggest target.
Good luck and have fun.
Gavin
www.plantingjustice.org
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by CREDO Mobile.