permaculture - [permaculture] RE Composting toilets

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: seaseal <seaseal@got.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] RE Composting toilets
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:37:19 -0800

One local Outdoor Supply store sells "toilet seats" for camping that fit over a 5-gallon bucket. People who use these tell me it's best to pee on a tree as liquid accumulates very rapidly. But they keep another bucket of wood chips or other carbon material to cover each use. The camping toilet seats used to sell for about $5.

Cecile
seaseal@got.net

$57,078—We're paying that each minute for the occupation of Afghanistan

  • [permaculture] RE Composting toilets, seaseal, 03/13/2010