permaculture - [permaculture] Invitation to grow more school gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: School Gardens for Change <schoolgardens4change@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Invitation to grow more school gardens
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 03:10:00 -0500

Dear all school garden friends and all growers,

GOOD FOOD FOR ALL KIDS:
A GARDEN AT EVERY SCHOOL
http://www.change.org/ideas/view/good_food_for_all_kids_a_garden_at_every_school_2

We have one week left in the exciting, nail-biting contest for the top 10
"Ideas for Change in America." We are now in 10th place ... means we are
right on the edge of winning or losing. That's why we really really REALLY
need your help to increase our rank and safely win this important, tough
competition!

I am calling you to unite for school gardens and do everything in our power
to increase our vote. That's why I'm asking you to PLEASE VOTE NOW but also
invite a number of your friends to support this cause, and invite them to
physically vote. Walk them through the simple process if necessary, and let
them vote for as many ideas as they like.

Over the course of the next week, I will be in touch with you periodically
to inform you about relevant news in this campaign to win Universal School
Gardens. Today I attended a national Young Farmers conference in Washington,
DC and spread the word to a few hundred more enthusiastic agricultural
professionals, including quite a few educators. The conference continues
tomorrow, and I expect more exciting news to emerge!

Of course, if our idea is one of the top 10 winners, then our plan for
"Universal School Gardens: A Garden at Every School" will be launched as an
actual national grassroots social change movement, publicly engaging
millions of Americans and relevant decision-makers.

It is true that ANYONE and EVERYONE in the world can vote. Your only
requirement to vote is a valid email address and a new password. You do not
need to be an American citizen. This vote is not officially connected with
any government entity; it is partnered with a non-profit coalition of over
60 social change organizations. Even if you simply care about America's
future, you can vote!

VOTE NOW!!

http://change.org/ideas

change.org/ideas

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTE!

Please remember to spread the word about this vote, invite your Facebook
friends to join our "School Gardens Across America" FB group, and ... YES
... start getting ready to plant that new school garden this year ...
because spring is almost here!!

Sincerely,
Ethan Genauer
DC school gardening teacher and sustainability activist
email: schoolgardens4change@gmail.com

School Gardens Across America Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=323041926571&ref=ts<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/group.php?gid=323041926571&ref=ts>

DC Food For All blogger
www.dcfoodforall.com
"Playing to Win Universal Gardens" (March 1, 2010)
http://dcfoodforall.com/2010/03/playing-to-win-universal-school-gardens/
http://civileats.com/2010/03/02/playing-to-win-universal-school-gardens/

  • [permaculture] Invitation to grow more school gardens, School Gardens for Change, 03/05/2010