permaculture - [permaculture] Thurs Feb 4 - free talk on "Financial Permaculture" at Karpeles Library Santa Barbara

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Thurs Feb 4 - free talk on "Financial Permaculture" at Karpeles Library Santa Barbara
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 04:42:50 -0800

Please mark your calendars! On Thursday, February 4th, 7-9 pm the Santa Barbara Permaculture Guild will offer a FREE presentation (no charge or donations) by permaculture teacher and natural investment advisor Michael Kramer. He will share his thoughts on "Natural Investing and Financial Permaculture."http://naturalinvesting.com/about-ni/michael-kramer

This meeting will be held at the Karpeles Manuscript Library, 21 Anapamu St. in downtown Santa Barbara. There is city parking right behind the building.

Topics to include:

<mip://064202e0/what-is-natural-investing/community-investing>Community Investing - puts money into the hands of local people who are building economic justice in communities around the world.

<mip://064202e0/what-is-natural-investing/corporate-investing>Corporate Investing - avoids companies and industries that do harm, seeks companies that work for a better world, and uses shareholder activism to change companies from the inside.

<mip://064202e0/what-is-natural-investing/regenerative-investing>Regenerative Investing - the next generation of natural investing, financing deep green sustainability and social justice enterprises.
Regenerative Investing offers people who can afford to take on some added risk the chance to invest in truly innovative projects that aim to be economically viable models of sustainable society. Imagine: pedestrian-friendly, solar- or wind-powered eco-villages; key wildlife habitat preserved on huge ranches, using conservation easements and a few sensitively-chosen home sites; and tropical tree farms that are models of forest diversity and create good jobs for locals.

We call this new investment class "regenerative" because it channels financial resources into projects that mimic the way natural systems cycle matter and energy to create more life. Investing in human activities that minimize the use of fossil fuel and toxic chemicals while providing opportunities for natural systems to remain healthy or to be restored around them, is a way to assure that future generations will share in the bounty we are called on to steward.

See you there!

Linda
buzzell@aol.com