permaculture - [permaculture] What's happening with Real Milk?--United States

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] What's happening with Real Milk?--United States
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:15:49 -0500

What's happening with Real Milk?--United States
http://www.realmilk.com/happening.html
"In an attempt to help consumers find locally produced Real Milk, we have compiled the following list describing the potential availability and legal situation on a state-by-state and country-by-country basis. We cannot vouch for the accuracy of the following list. If you have corrections or additions, please email them to info@westonaprice.org . See the "Where" section for a listing of dairies by state and country.

US Summary: Sales of raw milk are legal in 28 out of 50 US states, which is better than half. If you include the states which permit the sale of raw milk for animal consumption (implying that human consumption is feasible) then the total is 33 out of 50 states, which is two-thirds. In some of the remaining states (such as Colorado, Virginia and Wisconsin) raw milk is available through cow share programs. Our goal: Raw milk available to consumers in all 50 states and throughout the world!

Write to your government leaders and let your voice be heard. You can find your state representative's contact information here: http://www.house.gov/writerep/";

  • [permaculture] What's happening with Real Milk?--United States, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/23/2010