permaculture - Re: [permaculture] geo engineering LAST RESORT scientists going to San Diego- SO IS THE PROTEST- JOIN US

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] geo engineering LAST RESORT scientists going to San Diego- SO IS THE PROTEST- JOIN US
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 20:39:11 -0700

I am forwarding this as an important alert for all of us. I was unable to
copy the illustrations to this letter but you can go to their website for
further information.

Scott Pittman

Subject: LAST RESORT scientists going to San Diego- SO IS THE PROTEST- JOIN
US

Brother and Sister Activists,

This may be the most important piece of news, demanding your complete
attention, that you have received in your lifetime. For years I have been
watching, very closely the movement of money, politics and science that has
constructed our worst nightmare since the atomic bomb.

Geo-Engineering (GE) is the artificial modification of Earth's climate
systems. Industrial sized GE projects range from DECLASSIFIED
experimentation like ocean iron fertilization, to HIGHLY CLASSIFIED
dangerous experimentation like AEROSOL SPRAYING (chemical spraying).

For over a decade, the main stream media has ignored GE, while the U.S.
military has feverishly deployed a wide range of GE advanced weapons
technology (not JUST weather modification). Geo-engineering scientists met
in Copenhagen, in September, whereas at the Copenhagen Summit, GE talk was
limited to the numerous instances when political talking heads referred to
the "many technological fixes" that were available to fight climate change.

There are TWO parts to this nightmare, and if you don't accept the first,
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE SECOND.

ONE- The DEPLOYMENT of DANGEROUS GE is ALREADY YEARS UNDERWAY

Here are the facts:

Extremely high quantities of aluminum, barium, strontium, and other metals
and chemicals are showing up in rainwater, surface water and air. In just
the last four years, citizens in the Pacific Northwest (Northern CA,
Oregon) have taken dozens of tests where the levels of aluminum, for
example, has escalated hundreds of times from the first tests, which were
already unusually high. Some tests of single rain events had elevated nearly
50,000% from the original 7ppb. These tests correspond with the state of
California's own test results as discovered and published by Rosalind
Peterson of California Skywatch(californiaskywatch.com). Rosalind, formerly
with the USDA, has fought tirelessly for years to expose GE Aerosol Spraying
experimentation.

This data matches data from other citizen and environmental groups testing
nationwide as well as Europe. Dangerous levels of aluminum, barium and other
contaminants have saturated most surface waters in much of the US and all
NATO countries. The metals found exactly match the primary elements listed
in a host of "geo-engineering patents" (website: geoengineeringwatch.org).
Patents (assigned to Hughes Aircraft, DOD, Raytheon, and others) describe
the specific goal of creating artificial cloud cover (reflecting, therefore
cooling), and other forms of weather/ climate modification.

The California Air Quality Resources Board has studied aerosols migrating
from China and these rainwater and air metals (matching the patents) are not
present in rain or air approaching our continent. The contamination begins
on-shore, though clearly just off-shore as well.

Recent soil testing and analysis reveals that soil PH's are now changing
tremendously. A number of studies state conclusively that bio-available
aluminum is highly detrimental to countless organisms, including conifers.
In the last four years, large and mature Sierra Nevada firs have died or
begun dying by the stands, even in riparian areas where they never lack
water. In the same four years (California), alarming declines in amphibians
have also been observed. Aluminum drives PH towards base (alkaline), also
severely affecting the forests.

Frustrated, Citizens submitting these tests, have been ignored by government
officials and mainstream media. Put these keywords into your search engine:
test air water aluminum barium

TWO- OUR "LEADERS" HAVE GREEN-LIGHTED THE SCIENTISTS and AEROSOL
EXPERIMENTATION and FULL SCALE DEPLOYMENT is CERTAIN

Finally, for better or worse, the media has focused on the idea of "last
resort" and geo-engineering. The New York Times, LA . Times, National
Geographic, MSNBC and a multitude of others (see our web site) have all
recently run articles / news on the science and the controversy. The
mainstream PR blitz peaked during COP5.

The reason for big-media's newfound interest in GE is clear. World
governments, led by the United States, have agreed to begin full-scale
experimentation. It is imperative that this plan

_____

becomes visible to everyone in every nation. The enormous risk and
uncertainty, expressed by many of the GE scientists themselves, sounds THE
alarm in all who are paying attention. Activists, labor,
students...everyone, should feel a call to stand up during this moment in
history. It is time to take decisive action:

Geo-Engineering scientists from all over the world will be meeting in San
Diego, at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
annual meeting from February 18-22, 2010. One presentation entitled "Can
Geoengineering Save Us from Global Warming?" will be taking place on
Saturday February 20th from 8:30am until 11:30 am in room 6F at the San
Diego Convention Center.

We must show a strong signal of discontent thru protest, to the scientists,
politicians and corporations seeking to further their dangerous
experimentation on the planet. There will be a protest and press conference
at the closest public property, within feet of the AAAS meeting. The
strategy and logistics are now forming and your input is welcome. Vital
protest information is posted at geoengineeringwatch.org.
Continuing Geo-Engineering news will be on our site as well. Our team is
working PR and we welcome your help there as well. Organizations and persons
wishing to help with planning for this action please contact us immediately.

We are keeping it simple. Unite, gather and show a PEACEFUL REJECTION of
this insane contamination of our world, forced, non-consented
experimentation upon us, and any secrecy or use of geo-engineering as a
weapon.

The table below is from a Rutgers University report entitled "Benefits,
risks, and costs of stratospheric geoengineering". This report has sulpher
as the aerosol. The patents and tests SHOW aluminum, barium and a host of
other contaminants.

I was unable to paste the table but you can go to the website below for more
information - Scott

Please consider the gravity of this matter and forward this action
invitation to other groups, student organizations, unions etc.

These scientists have already declared that controlling the atmosphere is
necessary as a "back-up" plan if governments and the private sector cannot
reduce green-house gas emissions. We must hold our ground and declare they
neither have the right nor the knowledge to tamper with the very foundation
of our existence without the consent of an educated public.

I hope you saw AVATAR, GOD speed, I'll see YOU
soon,

Mauro Oliveira
geoengineeringwatch.org
A project of SOL Communications Inc