permaculture - Re: [permaculture] URGENT! Haiti Permaculture Relief Corps discussions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] URGENT! Haiti Permaculture Relief Corps discussions
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:27:40 -0500

As Bill Clinton said today on the radio, these are the items needed first and the most urgently:

potable water
food, ready to eat, packaged or canned
medical supplies & medicine
temporary shelter

less urgent but useful items I would suggest are:

eyeglasses
cooking gear and utensils, i.e. camp stoves & fuel, preferably butane
small fire extinguishers
bulk food items, rice, beans, all grains, salt, honey, sugar,
seeds, nuts, dehydrated fruits and vegetables, noodles, soy milk and dehydrated tofu, miso and soy sauce, Asian (apanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese traditional foods are durable, nourishing and very portable - not Carribean but still nourishing

There are others but I cannot remember them, Google it for the full list, but that should be obvious.