permaculture - Re: [permaculture] County and global level permaculture design - gotany?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] County and global level permaculture design - gotany?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:59:44 +1100

On 9/01/10 8:23 PM, "Steve Read" <steveread@free.fr> wrote:

> Anyway we have 15cms of snow here which is causing the few people who got
> concerned about global warming to have doubts as its looking like winters
> used
> to when Granny was young. This shows up some of the problems of whipping
> people into action by presenting us with medium to longterm eco-doom
> projections when what we see looking out the window is the short-term stuff.

That's why I prefer to refer to Climate Change - i.e. more extreme weather
events. So while the overall effect is long term global warming the
immediate result is more extreme weather events, more heatwaves, freak cold
snaps, increasing occurrence and severity of storms and cyclones (typhoons,
hurricanes), drought, wild fire etc. I'm constantly amazed at how many
people have so little idea of whats happening. The less folk know, the more
susceptible they are to climate change sceptic propaganda, and the less
inclined to make the changes that need to be instigated on a wide scale.
Robyn