permaculture - [permaculture] Hands-on Algaculture Workshop in Berkeley CA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick <forgeadams@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hands-on Algaculture Workshop in Berkeley CA
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:47:41 -0800 (PST)

http://www.algaelab.org/workshops.html
Hands-on Algaculture Workshop, Including Intro to the Personal
PhotoBioreactor!

Sunday, January 31st, 11-6pm

@ The Algae Lab in Berkeley, CA

a component of All Power Labs
Over the course of the weekend we will teach you:
The current state of algae farming technology, and where
it's headed,What algae are interesting, and for what purposes, How to obtain
algae strains, How to figure out the right nutrients for your algae, How to
design and build effective ponds and bio-reactors How to "grow out" your
algae into a full-sized pond or bio-reactor, How to monitor the health of
your algae, and How to harvest your algae and make them into food, fuel, and
fertilizer!

All levels of experience and expertise are welcome. Graduates are
eligible to become members of our lab and to use its facilities.
January 31st, 11am - 6pm

1010 Murray St, Berkeley, CA 94710

$150 per participant, + $100 for spirulina kit

contact: workshop@algaelab.org