permaculture - Re: [permaculture] From Mexico - Thoughts on PDCs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] From Mexico - Thoughts on PDCs
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:02:29 -0800 (PST)

Holger Hieronimi wrote:

>For many years, we were lucky that there was no discussion on this topic
>here in mexico, >but now there are quite a few people who travelled all the
>way to australia, took courses >there, and come back claiming to be the only
>REAL permaculturists, credited legally and >internationally to be the only
>authorized PC teachers here, by the way ignoring all the >work done by the
>pioneers during more than twenty years. Possibly, this is a sign, that >the
>mexican permaculture scene gets finally "mature", but in my case its making
>me >consider, if I should drop the word permaculture once again from my
>activities.

And wouldn't that be a tragedy for the movement?  Someone with over 20 years
of pioneering work in permaculture, contemplating resigning the term,
diverting attention from Pc at the worst possible time, just because they
aren't sporting the "right" brand name. Sounds remarkably like a caste system
evolving to me....

Thanks, Holger.  Well said.

Tripp out.

-Chinese proverb