permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the next generation of Pc Design resources.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the next generation of Pc Design resources.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:02:26 -0500

Steve Read wrote:
Sounds like it would be a great resource, there is a guy here who is redoing (with permission) the Plants for a future database, more ergonomic, and in French/English. Could be we could link some of these projects together,

That's what the PC Plant DB was going to do, utilize the PFAF dataset in a new RDb and incorporate identification of guild and plant-animal relationships through search queries.

What is doing this new project?
Some work has already been done; maybe he can use some of this. I think it was done in MySQL/HP. Scott Pittman will know all about this and PI got funding for this. It finally resulted in installation of MediaWiki at permaculture.info and can be seen there; maybe this work can be used also.