permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 82, Issue 37

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 82, Issue 37
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:46:03 +0100

brick floor and black water drums to store thermal mass; I'm wondering if anyone has found a better material to store the water in, for example rectangular so there's not as much heat loss between the barrels?

to my understanding you want the thermal mass to 'loose heat' - this is what keeps the temperature up in your greenhouse. if heat is just stored but not relesed into the surroundings (inside the greenhouse), they are no good anyways.

georg