permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Recommendations for farm/crop planning templates or software?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permaculture Cooperative <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Recommendations for farm/crop planning templates or software?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:51:16 -0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Josh Wright <joshmwright@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Subject: [COMFOOD:] Recommendations for farm/crop planning templates or
software?
To: comfood@elist.tufts.edu

Hi food folks, I'm working on a project to help new farmers and
food-producing non-profits develop business, farm, and crop plans. The
growers I've worked with have had to create their own Excel-based
spreadsheet models that have limited functionality and don't provide a good
understanding of their multi-year crop planning needs or financial
situation. I've searched extensively online but haven't found an appropriate
planning tool.

Can anybody recommend a low-cost or free Excel template/workbook or software
package that's relatively comprehensive yet not overly time consuming for
farmers to maintain? (Probably an unreasonable request...) These new farms
will be anywhere from 2 to 100+ acres with a mix of vegetables, fruit,
herbs, etc. A focus on organic/low-impact farming methods would be
preferable. The initial projects are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks,
Josh

PLEASE DO NOT POST OR ATTACH LARGE FILES (we still have many dial up
subscribers)

SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING TO COMFOOD:

You can subscribe to COMFOOD by going here:
https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/subscribe/comfood

You can unsubscribe to COMFOOD by going here :
https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/signoff/comfood

--
Nicholas Roberts & Kirstie Stramler

skype permaculturecoop