permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Information monopoly

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Information monopoly
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:37:34 -0500

ktho@comcast.net wrote:
Listen all you excuse makers. If you really believe so much in the free
distribution of the DM then put your money where your mouths are and *buy*
the bloody copies from Mollison and distribute them as gifts. Put up or shut
up.

If you really believe the DM needs updating, put up your *own* money and
offer to help Mollison fund the re-printing of an updated version. Put up or
shut up.

Don't have the scratch? Then hold some fund-raisers, write some grants, get
up an on-line porn shop, whatever it takes. Go to *work* and get the cash you
need for the project. Put up - or shut up.

Since I believe in Leadership By Example, if someone can give me the name and
mailing address of someone who needs the manual and can't afford it, I'll
pay for it myself and have it sent to them.

Now, who is going to help me bake this bread?

Put up or shut up.

Kathleen

Wonderful, Kathleen and thanks.
Maybe Tagari could offer quantity discounts, payment on sliding scale, some
outright donations
and other schemes to get the book out those who most need it; Alex's friends
in Ethiopia are a good example.