permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Intellectual property

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Albert Johnston <johnston.albertg@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Intellectual property
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:58:39 -0500

How and when Tagari decides to distribute their property is their business.

Ethics is the cornerstone of Permaculture and I support intellectual property rights.

I believe that the greatest permaculture book has not yet been published, but will be.

It will be multi-demensional. It will be combined with an interactive website and give the user access to "Tera" bytes of data. Using GPS, and scientific data the user will have information streamed to location whether it be Madrid or Madagascar. This could also include "stories" from contributors working in similar climates.

The user will be able to create a permaculture assessment and inventory. Then come up with a "business plan".

But if we develop a habit of pirating information even with best intentions we run the risk of losing future investments and access to the tecnology and the creative thinking needed to make Permaculture the universal methodology.