permaculture - [permaculture] "permie" vs. ...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] "permie" vs. ...
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:57:22 -0800

> I must say that "Permie" is imo un unfortunate term, would an architect
> call themselves an archie or an engineer an engie? Perhaps we do ourselves
> a dis-service?

Some folks wear the label easier than others. I suppose one might
like "permaculturist" or "permaculture advocate" better.

At permies.com, "permies" is defined as "goofballs that are nuts about
permaculture". And I can think of some folks that are mighty keen on
permaculture, but they would certainly shy away from the label
"goofball" - so .... I can see your point about some folks not caring
for the moniker.

I wear the "permies" label proudly. I'm in it for the fun and
goofballs as well as the other perks.

  • [permaculture] "permie" vs. ..., paul wheaton, 11/13/2009