permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 02:09:16 -0400

Juergen Botz wrote:

It's a topic I'm very interested in but I'd definitely suggest a separate
list. Nutritional health is a very deep and factionalized topic which

I am very interested in such a list, partly to have an archive of select
info resources, like a Twitter or Facebook page but a permanent easy to search
& download one.
I looked at Paul's permies.com food and nutrition forums and they are
excellent; I plan to
spend plenty of time there, especially in the kim chee area :-). The ibiblio Maiolman lists offer a special kind of functionality; they are portable and permanent. After many years running lists there I have come to realize their value. I will probably Xpost/forward material from other sources into that list for handy reference use and to stimulate discussion. Since you are interested I will go ahead and have this list created; may others will follow, I hope so.
For now I like a short name like pchealth (as in permaculturist health or permaculture and health); permaculturisthealth is too long and permiehealth doesn't really work for me but if others like that that is what it will be. For now pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org.

I have a lot of questions and suggestions to offer to such a forum and will really be interested in seeing what develops. This seems like a great place for nontrivial health news and updates.

tends to generate a lot of, err, heat in discussion. Vegie vs carnie,
raw vs cooked, saturated fat vs un-... the list goes on. Important as
these questions are, we really don't want them to drown out more
basic permacultural issue here. IMHO.

Agreed. I am open to hearing all sides of debatable issues. I have experience
will all types of nutritional regimens
and at this time eat very carefully. Health and nutrition is my business and livelihood, I am a sustainable market farmer and grow vegetables for local sales.

Stop by my farm (6 acres) and pick yourself several bushels of delicious
turnip greens, Juergen.

LL