permaculture - [permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Other lists and resources for those interested in appropriate technology
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 03:07:20 -0400

For those interested in farm and homestead shop and appropriate technology, I have three other lists that I plan on spending a lot more time in. They are:

Scythes, Their Use and Maintenance
scythe
scythe@lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/scythe

Appropriate Technology
approtech
approtech@lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/approtech

Machinist & Machine Shop
machinist
machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
http://lists.ibiblio.org/machinist

I read Practical Machinist a lot and constantly download tons of great how-to information and external links to useful resources. I will
pump the machinist list, and sometimes the approtech, full of the distilled essence of this sort of thing partly to have a quick online ready reference when I need it and to stimulate discussion in the forum.

I have also been thinking about the usefulness of having an ongoing thread here in PC that deals with health and longevity for Permies,
or Permaculturists, whichever name you like to use.

Paul's Permies.Com might want to add a forum like this. Preventive health, problem solving, longevity and nutrition are topics all of
us deal with on an ongoing basis. This may be of special interest to those of us here who are over 50 and who come face to face with health and nutitional issues every day. I wonder how much interest there is in
incorporating limited discussion on this topic here. Maybe it is too offtopic and should exist in a separate list, something like:
permiehealth or healthypermie ow whatever. If there is enough interest
I will be glad to have this list formed for us. Sample topics could include:
nutrition, food as medicine, recipes, tools and equipment, online resources and reference material, services, herbs and their use,
ayurveda and TCM, Japanese macrobiotic, raw foods, sprouts, kraut & kim chee & fermented foods, exercise and problem solving

Just a thought....:

LL