permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture land

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture land
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:07:37 -0400

I think that where land restoration is appropriate either to return land to
wilderness or to restore its' productivity for human food production, that it
is often beyond the efforts of individuals or families working in isolation,
and is a task that can and should be taken on by larger communities of
people.? We come out of a bizzarre pioneering model in this country where
farm families homesteaded land and worked extraordinarily hard, often in
isolation.? We can't forget that invisible social structures are part of
Permaculture and should question how much we want to do in isolation and how
much we want to do as part of a larger community.

Larry Saltzman