permaculture - Re: [permaculture] vertical foods op-ed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] vertical foods op-ed
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:10:04 -0800

There are also the amazing gardens done by Patrick Blank of Paris, who was inspired by plants growing on rock walls and says his system can be any size and height. I haven't seen these in person, but think about what they're replacing in urban highrises -- typical corporate art or a blank wall. AFAIK his gardens are all ornamental so far.

Vertical gardens such as the Buehler Enabling Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden in the U.S. are good for people who can't bend down.