permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Prison Gardens

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Johnathan Yelenick <yelenick@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Prison Gardens
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:07:13 -0600

prisons and gardens match beautifully. Of course it would be nice to see no prisons anywhere, period. But that's another discussion for another time. I've been working with building a community garden at a halfway house near my farm here in the Denver area. The residents are taking nicely to it and much of the responsibility is taken upon by the residents themselves. The staff of the center are taken by it and the garden provides a common mission for all. nice to see.
Johnathan Yelenick
Blacktail Permaculture Farm
South Platte River Watershed of the Short Grass Prairie Steppe Bioregion

Message: 7