permaculture - [permaculture] ANNOUNCEMENT: Weekend PDC in Bloomington

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rhonda <rk.baird@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] ANNOUNCEMENT: Weekend PDC in Bloomington
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

#yiv856306611 p {margin:0;}
Hello!

We are so pleased to offer a weekend permaculture design course this
fall/winter for people in the Bloomington, IN region. This course is designed
to be affordable and manageable for those who work through the week or can't
get away for a residential course. Please circulate this announcement widely.

Permaculture, an ethical system of design intended to integrate human and
natural environments, blends traditional knowledges with modern approaches to
create a life that goes beyond sustainability to regeneration and resiliency.
This means food, shelter, fiber, fuel, community, economies and more -- all
working in accord with the Earth and creating a life of abundance.

Permaculture is a great foundation for the transitional and regenerative work
our generation needs to be doing. This course is designed to give us all a
solid starting place. Peter Bane, publisher of the Permaculture Activist;
Keith Johnson, who has been practicing permaculture for over 25 years; and
Rhonda Baird, originator of the Bloomington Permaculture Guild team up with
Kevin Glenn of Owl Creek Programs (www.owlcreekprograms.com) and other guests
to offer a fun, fast-paced, and transformative course.

We will gather Friday evenings, Saturday all day, and Sunday afternoons on
October 16-18, Oct. 31-Nov. 1, Nov. 13-15, Feb. 19-21 and March 5-7. We would
be happy to help those traveling from out of town find accommodations. The
cost of the course is $750 (or $700 if paid by 9/15). This includes Saturday
lunches and materials for the course. You may pay for the course through the
Permaculture Activist website using Paypal (though you will need to contact
Rhonda for registration materials). Please contact Rhonda Baird at
812.323.1058 or rhonda.kb @ yahoo.com (no spaces) for more information.

  • [permaculture] ANNOUNCEMENT: Weekend PDC in Bloomington, Rhonda, 08/11/2009