permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toby's post on Autumn olive

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jordan Fink" <jordan@riseup.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toby's post on Autumn olive
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:43:17 -0700 (PDT)

Doug fir was NOT here long before people...
it come during the end of the last ice age- possibly after the first
people were here.

-j

> It reminds me of language pursuits bemoaning the changes to languages and
> trying to preserve a "pure language", which is to say?turning a living
> language into a non-living language frozen at moment in time.? I notice
> that new plants appear in our forest garden all the time. many are useful,
> but?a few are problematic. The hard part is being intelligent and
> experienced enough to know when to leave nature alone and when to
> intervene and push it in a direction we want it to go.
>
> Larry

Knowing others is wisdom;
Knowing the self is enlightenment.
Mastering others requires force;
Mastering the self needs strength.

He who knows he has enough is rich.
Perserverance is a sign of will power.
He who stays where he is, endures.
To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.