permaculture - [permaculture] True Knowledge

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: negiliblek <negiliblek@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] True Knowledge
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

Lawrence F. London, Jr.

Thanks for all your other links too, Lawrence (tree/forest links, rock dust,
etc). I've often used your links.

I tried Facebook to see what you've put together, stove wise, and found out I
need a Facebook account. None of my business, but didn't you used to put pics
on Picasa? I haven't used any method to publish any thing I've done
personally: if you want to say why Facebook was a good option, I'd like to
know since I'm going to start publishing pics.

BTW, I sent you an off list email re pcdb. Did you get it?

>From lflj@intrex.net Wed Mar 18 18:54:32 2009
> Thanks for all your other links too, Lawrence (tree/forest links, rock
> dust, etc). I've often used your links.

Hope you get good use out of all of that.

> I tried Facebook to see what you've put together, stove wise, and found out
> I need a Facebook account. None of my business, but didn't you used to put
> pics on Picasa? I haven't used any method to publish any thing I've done
> personally: if you want to say why Facebook was a good option, I'd like to
> know since I'm going to start publishing pics.

I am new to Facebook and did not pick that as a place for pix galleries but I
will duplicate my other archiving efforts
there. I like Facebook because of all the nice networking possibilities, many
currently underway and in development.
I use my ibiblio for my permanent archives, because I own that completely and
it gets backed up properly. Other than
ibiblio I use Blogger: http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com for a lot of my work.
It now seems thata I will combine
Facebook , Blogger and ibiblio to create a multifaceted, distributed archive
and communications central for my ongoing work.

Picasaweb is excellent for graphics galleries and you can link it to your
Blogger blog (there are a lot of very upscale
Blogs there); Facebook as an additional external site for your work.
Galleries are easier to find and navigate with
Picasa/Blogger than with Facebook but that may change; I really like Facebook.

> BTW, I sent you an off list email re pcdb. Did you get it?

No, I didn't. Please resent it to my two main addresses:
lflj@intrex.net
lflj@bellsouth.net
both, to make sure I get it.

Wolfram Alpha and True Knowledge show great promise for the future. There are
two more resources of interest that I will
post about tonight.

Thanks,

LL

  • [permaculture] True Knowledge, negiliblek, 03/18/2009