permaculture - Re: [permaculture] oil and other facts of life

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] oil and other facts of life
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:11:18 -0500

I saw a similar numbers analysis for Uranium.? We hear about hundreds of
years of Uranium being available, but a physicist did some calculations (I've
lost the reference) and concluded that if nuclear power was geared up to
levels that are being discussed we would only have ten years supply, unless
we built breeder reactors which have the unfortunate side effect of producing
weapons grade plutonium.? Either we develop sustainable, renewable energy or
head back to the stone age.? I vote for the first choice.