permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mountain Homestead & web netiquette

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Nancy Frank <oppty@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mountain Homestead & web netiquette
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:16:28 -0600

Keith -

How right you are, and my apologies for not scrubbing my last post.

Nancy
Ridgeland, WI, USA

On Jan 4, 2009, at 12:34 PM, keithdj@mindspring.com wrote:

Jacque (and Ish...and anyone else who qualifies),
In the future, to prevent identity theft and spam, please rigorously apply the courteous practice of placing ALL email addresses in the BCC (blind carbon copy)panel of your email program. When you forward the exposed addresses sent to you, the problem becomes magnified. The safest way to send bulk email is to send the message TO yourself and ALL others BCC.

Contributors to this list should ideally not even use the CC or BCC option but ONLY send TO to list itself, taking the extra time to delete exposed addresses within the body of the message.

Thank you for taking the time to read about email netiquette. Practicing it can help keep all our inboxes free of unwanted spam. When,in the future, you receive mail with long lists of exposed addresses please pass along the helpful warnings.
Keith
PS I have scrubbed the list of addresses from this reply.